Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Durango 4.7L Auto - Superchips 4845

Hello,

New to this forum and just seeing if anyone could shed some light on my issue. I have a 2002 Durango 4.7L Auto 4x4 and I recently purchased the Flahspaq F5 tuner (Part#: 4845). Found out that the tuner will not connect to the vehicle. The tuner does power up and goes through the prompts but eventually says to call customer service. I've recently contacted Superchips in regards to this and they stated that I have a special hybrid PCM which their scanners are not compatible and will not connect. Has anyone heard of this? Also, is there anyway around this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by 02GrayRango View Post
    Hello,

New to this forum and just seeing if anyone could shed some light on my issue. I have a 2002 Durango 4.7L Auto 4x4 and I recently purchased the Flahspaq F5 tuner (Part#: 4845). Found out that the tuner will not connect to the vehicle. The tuner does power up and goes through the prompts but eventually says to call customer service. I've recently contacted Superchips in regards to this and they stated that I have a special hybrid PCM which their scanners are not compatible and will not connect. Has anyone heard of this? Also, is there anyway around this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums.

I have never heard of a 2002 not being covered. Its possible you just got someone who was just shooting from the hip on that one. As much as we believe the person on the other end of the phone is knowledgeable on the topic, many of them are just going through quick answer charts or simply speaking misinformation.

The only trucks I know that had issues was the 2005 NGC PCMs. I have not heard of a JTEC PCM not being covered by Superchips.

I would contact the dealer you purchased if from and ask them to reach out to Superchips about the issue. If superchips does not support it then you should be able to have it returned and refunded.

You may want to call again for a second opinion....

Please keep us posted either way.

Good Luck

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Comment

Originally posted by AIRRAM View Post

Welcome to the forums.

I have never heard of a 2002 not being covered. Its possible you just got someone who was just shooting from the hip on that one. As much as we believe the person on the other end of the phone is knowledgeable on the topic, many of them are just going through quick answer charts or simply speaking misinformation.

The only trucks I know that had issues was the 2005 NGC PCMs. I have not heard of a JTEC PCM not being covered by Superchips.

I would contact the dealer you purchased if from and ask them to reach out to Superchips about the issue. If superchips does not support it then you should be able to have it returned and refunded.

You may want to call again for a second opinion....

Please keep us posted either way.

Good Luck

SPEED SAFE, NICK
      Hello Nick,

I appreciate the help and information. I've recently contacted and spoke with Superchips technical support with the same results. I was able to return the tuner to the original vendor I purchased it from without any issues. Just curious if you might know of any other tuner available for my vehicle that will work? I'm really only looking to improve my vehicle over stock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing back.

Comment

I will look into it and see if there are any other options... I think there are other options, Superchips just seems to be one of the most popular "Canned" tune options.

Please send me an email to:

[email protected]

Send the vehicle details to include PCM part number. If possible, take a picture of the PCM sticker that has the part number... this well help if there are any questions with the part number... well be able to refer to the picture and not have to play email volleyball.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

NICK
        817 800 7760

Comment

Working...
        X